Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can you sue companies that distribute malicious software?

For instance, while I was asleep this morning, my dad downloaded TrusedAntiVirus because it popped up and said he had infected objects on his computer. He was needing a new AntiVirus so he bought it. I quickly uninstalled it, and did virus scans, but upon doing it all Hell was set loose upon his computer.



Now it's basically useless. They gave him a number, and have a website for their ''Helpful Product''. If he was pursued to do so, could he sue these bastards? I checked the about me on the site and it mentions nothing about it being malware.



The site's www.trustedantivirus.com.



Can you sue companies that distribute malicious software?computers



Pretty much impossible to sue; most times it's not malware but operator errors and previous issues that are to blame. I'd talk to a customer service rep

No comments:

Post a Comment