Sunday, August 15, 2010

This message keeps popping out on my screen "you may be a victim of software counterfeiting&quo

About a week ago, an icon popped out on my screen and is on my tools bar now, it has a star shape and that is the message that I get when I clic on it. Recently, I changed my antivirus for System Suite 7 and this is the only irregular activity in my computer. I have windows xp home edition and it was already installed in my computer when I bought it and is original. I don't know what to do, because last time I restarted it I had a message from Microsoft sayin that I had a limited chance to take care of the problem.



This message keeps popping out on my screen "you may be a victim of software counterfeiting" What can I do?norten



Install security pack 2 from Microsoft site.



This message keeps popping out on my screen "you may be a victim of software counterfeiting" What can I do?panda



I had a similar problem but the little glitch I picket up from a add-on stole my home page and made it impossible for me to change. At least the normal way.



Try this and maybe it will help you.



after logging on to the internet: go to the tools bar at the top of the screen. Next pick internet options at the bottom of the drop menu. From the internet options across the top go the the programs tab. From the programs tab look down the left side to "manage add-ons". Click on the manage add-ons tab. after the add-ons screen populates you will need to use some cauton scanning the add-ons. Decide which one you maybe do nt recognize that would go to any thing you want. Just try disabling them one at a time. Make sure you change the home page if you have the same problem I had. Good luck and try to think you way through and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment