Friday, August 20, 2010

Pc Problem!!! Help!?

My PC usually freezes and then the screen goes black. I have to switch it on and off many times to go to Windows. When I switch it on after it has crushed e continuous beep sound is coming out of my computer. When I think there is no problem suddenly it freezes and after a while a diagonal pattern is displayed on the screen (copying a particular area of the screen many many times) or other strange shapes apear on the screen. Finally , sometimes things are displayed twice in a strange way (with lines) and it's hard to see what's happening. What should I do???



P.S.: I have checked my antivirus software and there are no viruses found.



Please HELP!



Pc Problem!!! Help!?ariel



It represents a hardware problem. That long Beep is a BIOS error code and its meaning depends on who manufactured your motherboard. It maybe caused by any number of problems from overheating (are your fans inside your system working: primarily the video chip cooler) to video card not properly seated properly in its slot. The problem may be solved by replacing a dead/weak/dirty fan with a new one or simply pressing the videocard into its slot. Read the documentation that came with your computer or visit their website and see what it says about POST errors (they will usually give you an interpretation of the beep codes. It will likely get worse over time and the major risk is if the video card slips out of its slot improperly, it may cause a short and damage the card itself or your motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment