Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need a pc or laptop that can run music software without or shutting off. What kind of specs am i l

I will be running several programs at one time. I have an Acer laptop with 1 gig ram and 100 gig hard drive, running on an AMD Turion processor but it can hardly run Norton's antivirus in the background without shutting down. I don't know if I have to give up the laptop and work from a desktop or what.



I need a pc or laptop that can run music software without or shutting off. What kind of specs am i looking atliveupdate



If you are going to be doing a lot of audio editing your really need to consider a desktop. First off I would get a good duel core cpu in the 2.5 ghz range, I personally prefer AMD over Intel but I don't want to get into that. Next I would get at least 2 gb of good memory, don't just buy the cheapest stuff, there is a reason the more expensive memory sticks are more expensive. Next I would definitely go with a Raid 0/Disk striping with 2 hard drives. This will greatly increase your hard drive speed which normally is one of the slowest things in your computer. If you aren't going to be playing good games don't worry about a good video card you can always add this on later if you decide to. Finally, I would make sure you get a good sound card for capture and output. If you build this and keep your system clean (don't download garbage programs and no viruses) you should be flying along with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment