Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Computer knowledge needed. It's time to renew my subscribtion to Norton Antivirus and some of t

confusing. At least to me they are. I have Windwos XP pro. I mostly use Yahoo answers, but I also pay lots of my bills on line if I can. I don't use the computer for any buisness of any sort so here is what I need to know.



About all these updates and if I need them or why I need them..1. inspects my computer for securtity holes with one click 2.monitors and reverses software installation if I change my mind or if installation goes poorly (I think I can do this much) 3. give me control over Widnows settings and processes on my system (don't I have contol over my own computer?) 4.notfies me of high level security threats (it sounds good but may not be) 5. hides my computer from hackers (but if the site is secure, do I need this, really) 6.automatically enables firewall after disabling it (I don't even know if I HAVE a firewall)This is not a complete list but only the ones I can't understand.



Hope someone can help me. Do I need all these things?



Computer knowledge needed. It's time to renew my subscribtion to Norton Antivirus and some of these terms arehijackthis



1) If you have Windows Update turned on, you do can say no to this. Otherwise, say yes. Just asking if you want it check for Windows updates rather than have Windows do the checking itself



2) If you rarely install new programs on our PC, you can say NO. Will save hard drive space and you can do 90% of what this does

No comments:

Post a Comment