Sunday, August 15, 2010

Why can't I open Yahoo Beta Mail and keep getting virus software finding W32.Feebs Virus?

Everytime I open Yahoo Beta Mail my Norton Antivirus softward detects and deletes W32.Feebs Virus. I can open the mail in the old version of Yahoo Mail but this virus pops up everytime I open Yahoo Beta Mail. Whats happened and how do I solve it? Thank you.



Why can't I open Yahoo Beta Mail and keep getting virus software finding W32.Feebs Virus?network security



It is a Symantec problem, Norton Antivirus indicating Yahoo Mail in the Beta Version is a virus. You can read the CNET.Com News article about it at:



http://news.com.com/Symantec+incorrectly...



Why can't I open Yahoo Beta Mail and keep getting virus software finding W32.Feebs Virus?norton internet security



Hello,I went to check my email last night and where I left the Yahoo Home page to try to go to my Yahoo Mail (beta) (I've been using the beta version since it came out), I received an error message from my Symantec AV software, stating that I had the "W32.Feebs" virus. It would not allow me to access my Inbox, so I ran a scan and my Symantec AV software confirmed that I had the virus and "repaired" it. But, when I went back to open my Yahoo mail, it came back again with the same error message. I have found that the only way to get rid of the problem is to "switch back" to the regular Yahoo mail version vice "beta". Is it possible that the beta version's coding has been changed, making the AV software think it is a virus, in other words - when I use the "beta" version of Yahoo Mail, my AV software thinks it contains the W32.Feebs virus - when I use the regular Yahoo Mail version it does not? Please advise. Thanks!
I had similar problem and have posted a question. mY problem also exactly same.

No comments:

Post a Comment