Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When I try to install Mcafee it tells me a program is still installed and wont install certain softw

I just got that Mcafee total protection. So I uninstalled my current antivirus program(CA EZtrust) I got it for free from my Broadband internet provider(RoadRunner-Time warner cable)



The problem is that when I try to install Mcafee it says that CA EZtrust Antivirus is still installed and will not install the Mcafee Antivirus



This is a real problem because now my computer is unprotected from viruses and i really need this issue solved like now



When I try to install Mcafee it tells me a program is still installed and wont install certain software.?internet security software



Get ccleaner and remove the startups and services for eztrust.



When I try to install Mcafee it tells me a program is still installed and wont install certain software.?moto guzzi



I had a similar problem with Mcafee and threw it in the trash and bought Norton.



End of problem.
Unfortunately, most uninstallers leave behind registry keys and stray files. This is a problem because McAfee won't install until all traces of CA is gone. How did you uninstall CA? Did you use Start %26gt; Control Panel %26gt; Add/Remove Program route or did you use CA's own uninstaller. In most cases, using the program's own uninstaller removes more than the Add/Remove Program route. Your best bet is to use an uninstall program. These programs scan the Windows registry and program files looking for remnants of the uninstall program. There are several such programs you can try, such as Your Uninstaller (http://www.ursoftware.com/). I have found the best uninstall programs to be those bundled in system utilities suites, such as Tune-Up Utilities 2007 (www.tune-up) and Iolo's System Mechanic 7 (www.iolo.com). All 3 programs offer a free trial period; so you don't need to spend a dime. Be sure to create a system restore point before doing anything - just in case something goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment